You only get out of a conference what you put into it....or at least what sessions you show up too! Here are some notes from the two different sessions I attended. More information on other sessions to follow!
Pat Williams - Key Note Kickoff
Leadership Excellence has 7 components/foundation
- Communicating the Vision
- People Skills
- Character Counts
- A Serving Heart
Business Opportunities in Emerging Markets
- Apts/Office still favored sectors by foreign investors
- Asians invest in Europe before USA
- Sam Zell is investing in China, Brazil and Egypt
- Sam Zell - "Come clean by 2013"
- Canada - was not hurt as bad as USA
- Western Europe - UK has recovered
- Sovereign Funds from Scandinavia will become an investor force
- German Funds looking to buy in USA
- Africa is the last great frontier for development
- FIRPTA - biggest issue for foreign investment in USA
- Housing Overseas is where money will be made over several years
- Exit Strategies are key for other markets
If you were there, did I miss anything on these two sessions?